[CUWiN-Dev] Cisco cards

Quantum Scientific Info at Quantum-Sci.com
Fri Feb 11 08:24:07 CST 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 23:48, David Young wrote:
> > By the way, my understanding from one of the MIT Roofnet developers is
> > that in regard to loss of throughput at each hop: "We're also
> > experimented with 54mbit 802.11g radios and found they actually do worse
> > than the 11b radios. "
>
> That's about what I expect.  Makes sense that to operate at the higher
> bit rates, 802.11g radios need correspondingly higher S/N ratio.

A big part of the problem with 'g' is that OFDM is much more susceptible to
multipath.

However radio cards with the Atheros AR5004 chipset have the most sensitive Rx
available (-105 dBm), so may be worth using these, and setting to 'b' mode.