[CUWiN-Dev] Cisco cards

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Fri Feb 11 13:41:44 CST 2005

>> Do you have similar experience in regard to that? About how many nodes
>> are in the largest current CUWiN installation? And what's the most
>> number of hops you see on a regular basis from any nodes?
>
> I lost count.  Sascha?  Three hops on a regular basis.  More when the
> testbed is more nearly complete.

We know we're losing bandwidth with each hop, but haven't studied it in
any systematic way.  Currently we have about 20 nodes on our network
(though it's still not up and running again yet).  Most of our nodes are
2-3 hops.

Sorry for the brevity -- I'm just getting caught up on things after being
out of town.

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
President                 *   Project Coordinator   *   Policy Analyst