[CUWiN-Dev] keeping folks posted:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Jan 12 09:47:06 CST 2005

hi all,

just wanted to let folks know about some of the stuff we're working on.
i'm trying to make contact with folks who'll be able to manufacture that
magical sub-$100 node -- using the specs that dave sent out a couple weeks
ago.  most recently, i've been talking with starnix, the shuttleworth
foundation, several manufacturing groups in the pacific rim, and now bob
cringley (who just so happens to run a consulting company working to hook
up pacific rim manufacturers with groups in north america who need devices
manufactured).  andrew (from starnix) is _extremely_ excited about our
mesh technology and has been having starnix folks work up some ways that
our system might be integrated into various consumer devices.

anyway, everything right now is highly tentative, but wanted to let folks
know,

--sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
President                 *   Project Coordinator   *   Policy Analyst