[CUWiN-Dev] Fwd: Re: Mesh Networking Project

Quantum Scientific Info at quantum-sci.com
Wed Jan 26 12:27:52 CST 2005

Some more thoughts on the hardware below, in a discussion with PC Engines, the maker of the WRAP boards.

May I also submit for consideration, the Senao CB3 bridge:
http://www.senao.com/english/product/product_wireless01_outdoor_1.asp?tp1id=02&tp2id=02&proid=000107
http://www.guerrilla.net/reference/80211_mod/Senao_AP3_CB3/index.html

It's a rock-solid router that's been used extensively in the LocustWorld project, and has roaming and Radius client!  Maybe the reference design could be purchased, or older ones could be had in the right price range.

There are slight hardware differences between the AP and CB, the most important being POE in the CB.  Either can be flashed to serve the others' role.  It has plenty of Tx power and so-so Rx sensitivity, although if I'm not mistaken it has the Prism chipset.  I can get more hardware detail if ppl are interested.

Most of the other options I've inquired about, including PC104, are too expensive.

Best,

Carl Cook