[CUWiN-Dev] CUWiN Network Status:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed May 4 15:59:00 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I think it's about time that we got serious about upgrading/stabalizing
the CUWiN Network.  Anyone who is interested in helping with this
initiative should join the -support e-mail list:

I would also like us to start holding weekly meetings so that we can stay
abreast of things.  We now have almost 30 nodes in the outdoor testbed,
but many are either not connected to the main cloud or are using _very_
outdated software.  I suspect that with just a couple week's worth of work
we'd be able to greatly improve/stabalize the entire CUWiN network -- and
with the City of Urbana about to join the network, _now_ is definitely the
time to do this.

So, here are some potential meeting times -- please e-mail me off-list
with any times that you absolutely cannot make it (and/or the times that
you'd prefer to meet) -- these times are drawn up based on info I have
from folks who've I've already talked with:

Mondays 	6pm (starting on the 9th)

Tuesdays	6pm (starting on the 10th)
 		7pm (starting on the 10th)
 		8pm (starting on the 10th)

Wednesdays	6pm (starting on the 18th)

Thursdays	5pm (starting on the 19th)
 		6pm (starting on the 19th)
                 7pm (starting on the 19th)
                 8pm (starting on the 19th)

Fridays		5pm (starting on the 20th)
                 6pm (starting on the 20th)
                 7pm (starting on the 20th)
                 8pm (starting on the 20th)

Saturdays	Noon (starting on the 7th)
 		1pm (starting on the 7th)
 		2pm (starting on the 7th)
 		3pm (starting on the 7th)
 		4pm (starting on the 7th)
 		5pm (starting on the 7th)

Sundays		Noon (starting on the 8th)
                 1pm (starting on the 8th)
                 2pm (starting on the 8th)
                 3pm (starting on the 8th)
                 4pm (starting on the 8th)
                 5pm (starting on the 8th)

I think that a weekend meeting (noon or early afternoon) might work best
since we'd then be able to do work directly afterwards and CUWiN users
would be likely to be home.  If we can get 3-4 people interested, I'd like
to meet _this weekend_; but let me know,

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
President                 *   Project Coordinator   *   Policy Analyst