[CUWiN-Dev] recommended netbsd source

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Thu May 12 23:22:43 CDT 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 06:34:46PM -0500, Bill Comisky wrote:

> I'm finally starting on getting the nightly builds up, but I'm still
> getting hslsd segfaults with the NetBSD source I'm using (NetBSD-current
> from 23Apr).  If there's anything I can provide to debug this let me know,
> otherwise is there a "blessed" set of netbsd sources I can try?  The (now
> heavily patched) cuwin-0.5.5-src-netbsd.tar.bz2 I got from Chase still
> works..

Remind me whether hslsd segfaults right away?

There need to be two new build stages that we can activate with
flags, the first that tars up the CUWiN sources you have checked out
($CUWSRC/../src), and another that tars up the object files and unstripped
executables ($BUILDDIR/Z).  Those two tar files will contain enough
information about the CUWiN programs on an image for us to interpret
the their core files.

The "sources" stage needs to filter out the .svn/ directories and
contents.  You can do that with find(1) like so:

% find $CUWSRC/../src \! \( -name .svn -prune \)

You may desire to filter *.d, .depend, *.ln to keep the size down.