[CUWiN-Dev] recommended netbsd source

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Thu May 12 23:59:49 CDT 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005, David Young wrote:

> On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 06:34:46PM -0500, Bill Comisky wrote:
>>
>> I'm finally starting on getting the nightly builds up, but I'm still
>> getting hslsd segfaults with the NetBSD source I'm using (NetBSD-current
>> from 23Apr).  If there's anything I can provide to debug this let me know,
>> otherwise is there a "blessed" set of netbsd sources I can try?  The (now
>> heavily patched) cuwin-0.5.5-src-netbsd.tar.bz2 I got from Chase still
>> works..
>
> Remind me whether hslsd segfaults right away?

Yes it does.  One question.. will hslsd handle the case of 'no wireless
device' gracefully?  I don't remember if the first segfaults I saw were on
a net4526 with a PCI card in it, but for the last compile I just generated
an ISO and booted to it in a vmware session (no wireless device) for ease
of checking at home.

> There need to be two new build stages that we can activate with
> flags, the first that tars up the CUWiN sources you have checked out
> ($CUWSRC/../src), and another that tars up the object files and unstripped
> executables ($BUILDDIR/Z).  Those two tar files will contain enough
> information about the CUWiN programs on an image for us to interpret
> the their core files.
>
> The "sources" stage needs to filter out the .svn/ directories and
> contents.  You can do that with find(1) like so:
>
> % find $CUWSRC/../src \! \( -name .svn -prune \)
>
> You may desire to filter *.d, .depend, *.ln to keep the size down.

How about 'svn export' on the working copy here?  ..though maybe you don't
want a subversion dependency in the build?

bill

--
Bill Comisky
bcomisky at pobox.com