[CUWiN-Dev] status of RouteViz? Google maps?

Sean Fioritto sean.fioritto at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 05:03:42 CDT 2005

Here is what I have so far:

www.meshsandbox.com/cuwin.html

To add a node, just type an address into the box. It uses geocoder.us
to figure out gps coordinates. And you can click on nodes to get a
closer view, and then if you click on the generated link you can edit
individual attributes.

What would be useful? Obviously, there needs to be a way to delete
nodes, and when adding a node type more information than just the
address. So aside from the roughness, what should we add/fix?

The markers are smaller icons because I discovered I could change
them, so it would be pretty easy to create different icons for
different nodes. Do we want different colors to indicate different
clouds, or whether they are affiliated or not?

What other attributes would be useful? I've just picked some nearly at
random to give myself some fields to play with.

Thanks for any feedback. I have almost no web development experience,
except for what you see, so I realize it's terrible. One thing that
definitely needs to be added is a login, because right now anyone can
edit, add, etc. What is a good way to do this with PHP?

thanks,
Sean