[CUWiN-Dev] Lighthning arresters

Kristjan Onu onu at 29.ca
Thu Oct 27 23:43:48 CDT 2005

> Our new installation is much more permanent, but there is a little
> work remaining---mainly sticking the new cable to the roof.

Are you still thinking about using a lightning arrester?

I'm a bit confused. This picture shows a schematic of a gas discharge
tube arrester:

http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/copyrighted_images/coax_lp_diagram.gif

It shows that a ground connection is necessary. On the roof of the
IMC you pointed to a plastic cannister connected to Volo's equipment and
said it was a lightning protector, but it had no obvious ground
connection. I can't quite see how a lightning protector would work
without a ground connection.