[CUWiN-Dev] Documentation Help

Seth Price seth at pricepages.org
Sat Sep 3 13:08:40 CDT 2005

So far I haven't received any help with the unsolved mysteries in the
documentation that I sent out a few days ago. In an effort to get
things moving, I'll request help with some specific simple ones.

- On the web page http://cuwireless.net/Initial_boot_sequence and in
the corrisponding page in the documentation, it says to "configure
the boot image on your PXE server to allow root SSH logins to the PXE
booted node". It seems that this advice is obsolete with the current
image. I would simply delete the paragraph, but I wasn't sure if it
is the intention in the future to disable SSH logins by default when
the web interface is more complete and/or the nodes operate more
reliably?

- What is the intended direction for building a firewall into nodes?
Will it be set up to allow only the services on the ports advertised
via zeroconf?

- How many nodes are in the Urbana testbed and what is the normal/
worst case latency? (I've seen this question asked a lot, but no good
answers. Maybe we should find out...)

- Does anyone have step-by-step instructions for making changes
(custom passwords) on the cd images? I've heard that it is doable
with a floppy drive...
~Seth