[CUWiN-Dev] Katrina updates:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Sep 5 14:20:00 CDT 2005

Hi all,

Just realized I've been so swamped that I haven't kept team CUWiN in the loop
about things.  Right now, we're the lead story on BoingBoing (I'd anticipate
slash-dotting any moment now).  NPR's running a story on the efforts tomorrow.
Now, the big question is, what _is_ the initiative?  (Was just Friday when I was
saying I didn't think we had enough time to pull anything together???)

Right now, the plan is to get community wireless networking folks on the ground
in the NOLA region ASAP to help out.  We're also hoping to set up a LPFM station
in the area.  Paul Smith (from CNT) is going to be part of an advance team
heading down their tonight or tomorrow morning and will be our ears and eyes on
the ground.

Other than that, we could use help with logistics -- if you'd like to help out
behind the scenes, please drop me an e-mail.  Some quick things that would be
good to have are people helping update the CUWireless.net website, folks who can
answer e-mail inquiries, someone to maintain/organize information as it comes in
(everything from who's involved, to their contact info and locations...  I'm
sure there's  a bunch more.

Lemme know,

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President