[CUWiN-Dev] cuw_config_backend questions

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Tue Sep 13 13:57:43 CDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 06:48:08AM -0700, Peter Barry wrote:
> I downloaded and installed release 0.5.8 (including the upgrade). I also tried Bill's nightly build of September 9th.
> Every 5 minutes or so, the system reboots itself. How can this be corrected?

Peter,

A node reboots if five minutes pass, and it has not heard any neighboring
node's "Hello" message.  This function is what I call the "network
watchdog."  A node may stop hearing Hellos for a number of reasons:

        1 no other node is within radio range of the local node
        2 the routing daemon on the local node crashed
        3 the routing daemon on the remote node(s) crashed
        4 the radio adapter stopped working

It is also possible that a defect in the 0.5.8 release causes false
reboots, but the nightly build should not be affected.