[CUWiN-Dev] 0.5.9 question

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Tue Sep 27 09:26:14 CDT 2005

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, David Young wrote:

> I'm building for WRAP and net48xx boards using -current of today (plus
> CUWiN's patches) like this,
>
> % ./buildupgrade -n geode -- -k ./kernel-conf/geode -T net4526 -s ... -b ... \
>    -E geode-extras
>
> The really important parts are the kernel override (-k) and installing
> the extra files for Geode, -E.
>
> I estimate about a week of routing debugging ahead, and then we will
> have a 0.5.9 release candidate.

Dave,

Do you see any backwards-incompatible releases in the near-term (through
0.6) which would necessitate an entire network upgrade, or will 0.5.8,
0.5.9 and 0.6 all play nicely together?  In your roadmap, you mention:

                 To fix one of the bugs, I anticipate a minor architectural
                 change to hslsd before 0.6---reference-counting
                 linkstates, and changing from internally-linked to
                 externally-linked linkstate workqueues.

Will these make it into 0.5.9?

bill

--