[CUWiN-Dev] CUWireless Atheros Support

Mark Cather mark.cather at umbc.edu
Wed Apr 5 20:17:35 CDT 2006

I am trying to do some initial work on a couple of large area mesh
networks in the Baltimore area.  I would like to use the network
cards made by Ubiquiti.  They have a range of cards that will soon
support everything from 5.2GHz to 900MHz.  The Ubiquiti cards use the
Atheros AR5004 (AR5213 and AR5112) chipset.  Do you know if the ath
driver, in your distribution, supports these chips?  I have two
machines setup with the Ubiquiti Super Range 5 card and neither one
is able to see it's wireless network.  All I get is:  "ath_start:
ignore data packet, state 1".

 From what I've seen, the AR5004 has only recently been supported
under NetBSD and madwifi.  If the ath driver on cuwin version 0.6.0
doesn't support the AR5004 chipset, do you have a development
distribution that is new enough to have the new driver?

Thanks for your help...

Mark Cather
Catonsville, MD