[CUWiN-Dev] Requirements for CUWiN Configurator: v1.0

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Thu Apr 6 09:58:05 CDT 2006

Hi all,

So Paul put up an initial requirements list.  Do we want to add anything to
this?  Are there things we'd want to take off of it?  I'm assuming that we'd
want to integrate this with the Node Configurator (cuwireless.net/nodeconfig).
Other thoughts, tweaks, comments?

--Sascha

Interfaces
- enable/disable
- enable/disable auto CUWiN address scheme (hash(MAC) == IP)
- IP address
- netmask
- gateway
- MTU

Wireless specific
- essid
- mode (hostap/backhaul/client)
- protocol (11a/11g/11b)
- channel
- rate (11 Mbps, etc.)
- RTS
- fragment
- retry limit
- enable/disable WEP (some want it!)
- WEP keys

DHCP server
- enable/disable per interface
- IP start-end range
- netmask
- router(s)
- lease time
- DNS servers
- domain

System
- hostname
- remote logging/logging host
- enable/disable SSH
- SSH public keys

Firewall
- rules
- NAT

Traffic shaping
- QoS
- rules/pipes/queues

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President