[CUWiN-Dev] "make cuwin small" elaboration

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Wed Apr 19 20:06:03 CDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 05:21:49PM -0700, Chase Phillips wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Let's set 2 goals: one for ideal size and one for "wow I can't believe
> we could ever get this small and still work."  Setting those might
> lead to some unexpected innovation.  Also, you've got the idea that
> we're too big, so you should know how small we need to be to make that
> nagging voice in your head go away.

We absolutely must fit in 32MB RAM, 8MB ROM.  To allow for upgrades,
that is actually 4MB ROM that the whole system has to fit into.

To fit on some interesting devices, we need to get as small as 2MB ROM,
total.  There will be about 8MB RAM.  Keeping a "last good" partition
probably won't be an option.