broken (cross)build (was Re: [CUWiN-Dev] [Fwd: Problem of building Soekris 4526])

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Mon Aug 7 12:32:46 CDT 2006

On 7/27/06, Bill Comisky <bcomisky at pobox.com> wrote:
[..snip..]
> hmm, looks like the builds have failed for the last week or so.  I
> just fixed the CNT nightly build page so that a failed nightly build
> will show up with its build log on the webpage (like it used to, but I
> broke at some point).
>
> The build fails here:
>
>  [..snip..]
> rm -f PREVIOUSTOOLDIR
> echo /home/bcomisky/cuwin/netbsd/build.cuwin/T > PREVIOUSTOOLDIR
> dependall ===> host-mkdep
> install ===> host-mkdep
> mkdir -p /home/bcomisky/cuwin/netbsd/build.cuwin/T/bin
> cp host-mkdep /home/bcomisky/cuwin/netbsd/build.cuwin/T/bin/nbhost-mkdep
> cp: cannot stat `host-mkdep': No such file or directory
>
> *** Failed target:  /home/bcomisky/cuwin/netbsd/build.cuwin/T/bin/nbhost-mkdep
> [..snip..]
>
> See:
> http://flatiron.cntwireless.org/cuwin/nightly/
>
> I don't have time to look deeper at the moment, but can easily svn up
> and rebuild to test if someone knows what's up.

My builds still can't get past the tools step; I don't know whether
this is a crossbuild issue or if I'm missing something in my
environment.  Basically, the build can't install the host-mkdep file
because it can't find here:

$BUILDDIR/i386/O/tools/host-mkdep/

which is an empty directory.  host-mkdep is nowhere in the build
directory,  though I can see it in $SRC/tools/host-mkdep/

Any clues?

Bill

--
Bill Comisky