[CUWiN-Dev] extra dhcpselect 'state' and wedge file format...

Chase Phillips ch at se.tl
Tue Aug 8 10:35:31 CDT 2006

Dan,

The best way to handle static routes on any interface (wired or not)
would be to wedge the interface into a manual mode in dhcpselect and
give it the ifconfig and route commands to run on your behalf (perhaps
by reading the commands from the wedge file).  Once the interface is
raised, dhcpselect could check for a Net connection on that interface
using the same code I wish to add and configure routing appropriately.

I will presume a third state for dhclient-based interfaces is not
necessary atm and that I can check for a gateway the instant the
interface is bound.  Unless there are objections, I will land my patch
on the trunk.  If it tests fine there, I'll land it on the 0.7.0
branch.

Chase