[CUWiN-Dev] static gateways

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Mon Aug 28 14:08:24 CDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 01:41:22PM -0500, Tom Wiltzius wrote:
> For the Homer nodes we need to set up a gateway node that has a
> statically set IP address on the wired interface. Dan, Matt and I have
> been trying to get a system like this working all morning. We are
> using Rev. 4074 of the software because that's the only one we have
> that works. Hence we can't make use of the new dhcpselect stuff.
> Instead we have:
>
> * Disabled dhcpselect in /etc/rc.conf.d/dhcpselect

Ok.

> * Set our wired-interface IP statically in /etc/ifconfig.wire.tmpl,
> replacing the result of /sbin/ethip with our desired IP.

Copy /etc/ifconfig.wire.tmpl to /etc/ifconfig.sip0.  Then replace the
IP as above.

> * Set our default route by adding "defaultroute=192.168.13.1" to the
> bottom of /etc/rc.conf

BTW, I recommend using /permanent/etc/mygate, instead.  The idea is that
we can create a new "extras" directory for the Homer configuration, put
/etc/ifconfig.sip0, /etc/internet-connected, and /etc/mygate in there,
and add it to builds with, say, './buildgeodeup -E homer-extras'.