[CUWiN-Dev] some open issues

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Wed Jan 18 23:51:56 CST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 12:26:35PM -0600, Bill Comisky wrote:
> Here's a few things I've been meaning to check out, but don't have much
> time to at the moment:
>
> - The web interface config.cgi doesn't seem to be working here.  Just my
>   build or universal?  The routeviz page is still the main page even
>   though routevizd is off be default.

I am not surprised.

> - ntpd is running (sometimes 2 instances?) but the time is wrong.
>   Starting ntpdate seems to work, maybe the ntpd "-g" flat doesn't cut it?

I think ntpd forks a helper process.  You're probably right about
ntpd -g.  ntpdate is worth a try.

> - Running 'upgrade' on 32MB RAM boards fail (tmpfs gets full).  See a

I will have a look at that post later.

> Lastly, a heads up.. nodes built from older (not sure of ranges) 0.5.9+
> HSLS revisions don't play nice with current revisions.  It makes our
> gateway lose it's default route, and the network is effectively cutoff.
> We had a node that wasn't upgraded because it was out of range (during the
> day due to thermal fade) that was doing this to the network every night
> when it's signal got high enough to connect to the network.

That's about what I expect to happen.  0.6.0 is a pretty big jump
from 0.5.9.  0.6.0 nodes treat metrics differently than <0.6.0 nodes,
which makes weird things happen when you mix them.