[CUWiN-Dev] some open issues

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Wed Jan 18 15:48:03 CST 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Bill Comisky wrote:

[snip]

> Lastly, a heads up.. nodes built from older (not sure of ranges) 0.5.9+ HSLS
> revisions don't play nice with current revisions.  It makes our gateway lose
> it's default route, and the network is effectively cutoff. We had a node that
> wasn't upgraded because it was out of range (during the day due to thermal
> fade) that was doing this to the network every night when it's signal got
> high enough to connect to the network.

I've been told this may not be software version mismatch problem, though I
know we had some issues with marginal node connections and changes in the
ETX behavior at some point.  The node in question may be plugged into an
AP providing it with DHCP, basically thinking it's a gateway.  Either way
it predictably makes our real gateway lose its default route.

Bill

--
Bill Comisky
bcomisky at pobox.com