[CUWiN-Dev] RFC: 0.7.0 release, soon?

Brandon Bowersox brandon at ojctech.com
Sun Jul 2 09:51:33 CDT 2006

On Jul 1, 2006, at 11:44 PM, David Young wrote:

> It is almost time for a 0.7.0 release with these improvements:
>
>         * HSLS bug fixes that improve "routing fidelity" :-) and the
>           daemon's reliability
>
>         * support for the latest Atheros-based wireless adapters
>
>         * cross-building CUWiN for non-i386 architectures, including
>           nascent support for the Atheros AR5312 WiSoC (I am
> committing
>           this soon)
>
> Can anyone recall anything else important that has changed?
>
> I hope 0.7.0 will be followed closely by an 0.8.0 with the improved
> web
> interface, 0.9.0 for the Meraki Mini, and 1.0.0 with bandwidth
> shaping.

Do you believe the HSLS changes have fixed the "internet gateway
default route disappears" bug?  I remember this bug was reported but
never reproduced in Urbana.

I assume 0.8.0 would be nodeconfig with multi-radio support.

Regarding versions after that, the roadmap is part of what I'd like
to talk about in Urbana on July 10 but here are items I've gathered
are important:
...for version 1.0.0: robust and de-bugged, nodeconfig & "turnkey"
multi-radio support
...for version 1.1+: name service; discover and select gateways;
wifidog integration
...for later release: ETT; HSLSD "feature-complete" with threading
and bidirectional links; virtual AP support

Brandon