[CUWiN-Dev] Rev. 4085 disappearing default routes

Bryan Cribbs bryan at ojctech.com
Wed Jul 19 20:25:46 CDT 2006

First, sorry for the headaches caused.

So, the nodeconfig will soon:
    1. attempt to read new keys from it's master file
    2. attempt to read old keys from it's master file
    3. attempt to read keys tagged as "default" from it's master file
    4. fall back on hardcoded values (such as 'domainname.tld').

Critically missing at the moment is (2)... which is what screwed
things up.

I intentionally made the hardcoded values agnostic to any
distribution, because I expect that in any deployment (in Urbana,
Chicago, California, etc.), the images will contain the appropriate
default keys for things like ssid and nameserver.  What I overlooked
was that the key name changed and most nodes out there didn't have
anything for the new key names, so nodes fell back to (4).  I should
have foreseen this.  Adding (2) should preserve existing values.
Again, I apologize.