[CUWiN-Dev] Node power

John Atkinson john.atkinson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 05:33:04 CDT 2006

I think Westerveldt will be real miffed if others beat him to Sneaker Net.

I run a few nodes with uninterruptible power supplies made by APC.
They have feedback on their status (battery levels) via a serial
interface.  So that could enable the software to get some basic
power/battery-life metrics.  The UPS's that we use are plugged into a
wall, but they could be connected to a solar panel / inverter setup.

Sneaker Net isn't that off-the-wall.  I hope to have some time to come
to Urbana later this year if anyone wants to collaborate on this sort
of stuff.