[CUWiN-Dev] quagga bug heads-up; development update

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Fri Jun 30 13:09:35 CDT 2006

See the description of a Quagga bug, below, which may affect CUWiN nodes.

BTW, this week I fixed some hslsd bugs. Some bugs would break LSU
propagation, others caused hslsd crashes.  I will be checking that stuff
in, soon.

I fiddled a bit with the watchdog timer discipline in CUWiN, so that
the kernel will not cancel the watchdog timer if the userland process
that tickles it gets killed due to an out of memory condition, say.

I have updated my NetBSD sources a lot.  Expect a new drop, soonish.

I will also be checking in support for cross-compiling CUWiN for any
architecture supported by NetBSD, including an Atheros "system on a chip"
(SoC), the AR5312.

I have CUWiN just barely running on the Senao/Engenius Aries2 AP,
<http://www.keenansystems.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=44>,
which has an Atheros "system on a chip" (SoC) inside.  The SoC has
independent 802.11a and 802.11b/g WLAN, an ethernet, serial, and a
MIPS CPU.  The AP has 2MB Flash (!!) and 8MB RAM (!).  I don't think
we will ever fit CUWiN on the 2MB Flash; I am running the system with
an NFS root filesystem.  Still, support for this AP gets us about 80%
of the way to support for the Meraki Mini, <www.meraki.net>, which has
lots more Flash and RAM.

Since wintertime, I have been working on a tough 802.11 project through
OJC, so I have scarcely any time for CUWiN these days.  It's too bad:
I enjoy hacking on CUWiN, there is lots left to do, and I have many
new ideas.  Depending on my availability and funding, I may be able to
re-dedicate myself to CUWiN development as early as mid-July.

Dave

----- Forwarded message from "Andrew J. Schorr" <aschorr at telemetry-investments.com> -----