[CUWiN-Dev] Computer-on-Module board

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Fri Jun 30 13:43:45 CDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 10:44:27AM -0700, Jon Sullivan wrote:
> ** interesting potentials here? **
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32703
>
> ISRAELI COMPANY Compulab recently announced a computer that manages to
> cram a complete PDA into a device two-thirds the size of a credit card.
>
> The CM-X270L measures just 4.4 x 6.6 cm. In comparison, a MiniPCI
> wireless card is 6.0 x 4.4 cm - just half a centimetre thinner.
>
> In this space, the CM-X270L somehow manages fits in an Intel (should
> that be Marvell?) XScale chip running Windows CE or Linux, half a gig of
> flash, 128MB of RAM, AC?97 sound and a Philips 802.11b wireless
> interface, as well as some things you wouldn?t find on a PDA, such as a
> PCI bus, 4 USB host ports and wired networking.
>
> You can pick one up with prices starting from $47 (provided you want
> 10,000), although you may need something to plug it into. ?

Cute device.  It might be straightforward to get CUWiN to run on it,
although the device drivers would take a while.  I wonder what bootloader
is on it?

The evaluation kit costs $1900. :-( The EVK comes with technical support,
though.  Maybe we can cheaply get a board w/o support.

I didn't see any programmers' docs for the Philips WLAN on the web,
when I looked.