[CUWiN-Dev] reimport quagga? anyone? bueller? :-)

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Tue May 16 15:05:00 CDT 2006

On Sat, 13 May 2006, David Young wrote:

> Ok, so CUWiN have astonishingly high Coverity "defect" rate, owing mostly
> to the 3rd-party sources in our tree, especially Quagga and Clearsilver.
> What is more important is that some of the "defects" in Quagga may be
> quite real, affecting the reliability of CUWiN routers in the field.
>
> We are running an oldish Quagga by now.  I imagine that if we reimported,
> the number of defects would plummet.  Here's the problem, though: Quagga
> changed its socket ABI, which we use for the hslsd<->zebra communication,
> since we last imported it.  This makes a reimport too daunting at my
> current level of busy-ness.
>
> The ABI changes were discussed on the Quagga developer's list, and they
> will probably stand out in an svn diff after re-importing Quagga on the
> vendor branch.  The changes to hslsd will be limited to tweaking the zrib
> library.  It may be an afternoon's work.  It will be important to test.

I had a little time so I went ahead with the first steps and imported and
tagged Quagga 0.99.4.  Changes haven't been merged to the
extern-src/quagga yet.. which maybe should be done on a branch and not
trunk?  If I get time I'll take a look at merging and making the zrib
changes (though if someone wants to jump in, go for it).

Bill

--
Bill Comisky
bcomisky at pobox.com