[CUWiN-Dev] Open Firmware/BIOS

Jonathan A. Kollasch jakllsch at kollasch.net
Wed Oct 18 09:38:07 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 09:15:07AM -0500, Matt Isaacs wrote:
> I found an open source firmware/bios/bootloader.  Its looks pretty
> simple.  They have a demo implementation for the Elan SC400.
>
> http://i2c-bus.org/linux/alios/

There is also LinuxBIOS. Anyhow, I'm betting, that
because NetBSD/i386 has never been booted by a
non-IBM-compatible-BIOS, that it still will attempt
a few BIOS calls.

Also, alios doesn't seem to initialize hardware as fully
as NetBSD might expect.

That being said, any work on this would be great,
it's a small step towards supporting future
IA-32/AMD64 boxes with EFI.

	Jonathan Kollasch