[CUWiN-Dev] ARP timeout error during PXE boot

Matt Isaacs isaacsm at cuwireless.net
Mon Oct 23 10:08:50 CDT 2006

  Jihyuk Choi,

I can make a couple suggestions, but knowing more about your setup would
help.

1)  What OS are you running?
2)  Is DHCP and TFTP running on the same computer?  Is it connected directly
to the node via a crossover cable or through the network?
3)  Has the BIOS on the node been updated?
4)  Is tftpd running through inetd or as a standalone daemon? (If you
followed our instructions, its running through inetd.)
5)  A copy of your inetd.conf and your dhcpd.conf might help.  Also,
/var/log/messages and /var/log/daemon might contain some useful debugging
info.

If I had to guess what the problem is right now, given what you stated
below, the problem is that the node is not running the updated bios or there
is a short in the network cable.

--
Matthew Isaacs

CUWiN Network Engineer