[CUWiN-Dev] Fail to boot after upgrade

Lu-chuan Kung kung at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 31 15:58:16 CST 2006

Hi,

I've encountered a weird problem after upgrading node image on our
net4826 boards. I'm sure the image file is good because there are other
nodes who are running on the same image. The boot loader have a
"Input/output error" when loading the kernel image (/netbsd) on
/dev/wd0e. I checked the kernel image file by diff and it looks just
fine. I've noticed that all the problmatic boards have the kernel image
on /dev/wd0e instead of /dev/wd0a. Can anyone tell me what might cause
the problem? The following are the booting messages I got after upgrade:
 >> NetBSD/i386 BIOS Boot, Revision 3.3
 >> (kung at lion2.cs.uiuc.edu, Fri Oct 27 19:22:02 CDT 2006)
 >> Memory: 639/64512 k
Press return to boot now, any other key for boot menu
booting hd0e:netbsd - starting in 0
2383780read text: Input/output error
boot: hd0e:netbsd: Input/output error
booting hd0e:netbsd.gz
open netbsd.gz: No such file or directory
boot: hd0e:netbsd.gz: No such file or directory
booting hd0e:onetbsd - starting in 0
open onetbsd: No such file or directory
boot: hd0e:onetbsd: No such file or directory
booting hd0e:onetbsd.gz
open onetbsd.gz: No such file or directory
boot: hd0e:onetbsd.gz: No such file or directory
booting hd0e:netbsd.old - starting in 0
open netbsd.old: No such file or directory
boot: hd0e:netbsd.old: No such file or directory
booting hd0e:netbsd.old.gz
open netbsd.old.gz: No such file or directory
boot: hd0e:netbsd.old.gz: No such file or directory

Thanks.

Luke

--
Luke (Lu-chuan) Kung