[CUWiN-Dev] feature list of updoming cuwin release 0.7.0 (please review and reply)...

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Mon Sep 11 10:45:33 CDT 2006

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, dan blah wrote:

> hey all,
> so we are about to the point of tagging 0.7.0.  RC6 seems to be
> running all good and well.

great news!  Some questions below..

>  below is a list of features/improvements
> of the new release.  please review and let me know of any improvements
> on verbiage (dave in particular in regard to the current hsls logging
> abilities).
>
> * HSLS bug fixes that improve "routing fidelity" :-) and the daemon's
> reliability

Are there particular symptoms these fixes alleviate, i.e. dropping default
routes?

> * dave please provide a good description of the new hsls log dumping
>   features
> * support for the latest Atheros-based wireless adapters
> * cross-building CUWiN for non-i386 architectures, including nascent
>   support for the Atheros AR5312 WiSoC
> * dual radio support

with 2nd radio as an AP right?  Where is the configuration for this? (see
nodeconfig questions below)

> *dhcpselect now explicitly tests if an interface provides an Internet
> gateway and configures the node appropriately.

That could have been the description before as well; the difference is the
new ping test right?  Is acquiring a dhcp lease still required for the
node to auto-configure as a gateway?  What happens if the network is meant
to be an isolated intranet and can't ping google; can the ping test be
disabled?

> * nodeconfig beta (we are soliciting feedback from the user
> community; the production version of nodeconfig will be released with
> 0.8.0)

What is the upgrade path?  Will the new system read the old configuration
files?  Is the new configuration file/command line/web page interface
documented anywhere?

Bill

--
Bill Comisky