[CUWiN-Dev] crunched: not quite, very close

Bryan Cribbs bryan at ojctech.com
Thu Feb 22 03:11:58 CST 2007

David Young wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 02:44:32AM -0600, Bryan Cribbs wrote:
>
>> David Young wrote:

>>> This is for MIPS, right?  Regardless, I am impressed.  Good work!
>>>

>> Well... no... i386.   I got tired of not being able to use basic tools
>> to debug things... but someone (probably me) should try a MIPS build,
>> I'd be surprised if it made a difference.  Then again, I'm often taken
>> by surprise.
>>

> Binaries for 32-bit RISC machines like MIPS are ordinarily going to
> be bigger.
>
> What basic debug tools were you missing?
>
> Dave

I should have used the "toolchain" versions but I did not consider that
until late in my work.  The tools I was referring to are all right
there, had I seen them.  (nm, ar, ldd, &c), using the toolchain versions
instead of the host OS versions makes a huge difference in critical
situations, and it is very easy to miss.