[CUWiN-Dev] cuwin + wifidog gateway?

aeh aenarson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 12:51:16 CDT 2007

hi all,

I'm working on a CUWiN project in Chicago for which we had hoped to
build wifidog's gateway into our soekris nodes, with no luck so far.
The only mentions of this idea that I can find are below, tantalizing
but unhelpful.  It seems Sascha has made it work, perhaps other as
wel?  If anybody has updates or leads or woudl like to collaborate on
this, please let me know--I think it would be a big step towards an
'out of the box' community wireless solution.

ta,
Alex.

"As of 6 August 2006, WiFiDog has not yet been integrated into CUWiN software."
http://www.cuwin.net/manual/techdocs/wifidog

 > Also, I thought it may be possible to use something like wifiDOG to
> incorporate a contained portal with the mesh, if that is possible.

Not only is this possible, but it's been something that I've been pursuing with
WiFiDog developers for two years.  It would be extremely easy to fully integrate
Wi\FiDog and CUWiN.