[CUWiN-Dev] Proposed Nodeconfig Change

Matthew Isaacs matt at cuwin.net
Tue Jun 19 10:47:05 CDT 2007

Given a series of recent support inquiries, I am
proposing that on public releases we relax the
restriction of being able to connect to the web
GUI only using ssh port forwarding.  I would
suggest altering the configuration for the web
server to listen on the local wired ethernet
interface, in addition to local host.  This would
provide a level of security comparable to most
consumer devices, and allow access in a manner
more familiar to most people.  I know this raises
some security concerns, but our public release
builds are by nature insecure anyway (default
passwords), so I don't think this would be much of
an issue.

Thoughts?

--Matt