[CUWiN-Dev] Proposed Nodeconfig Change

dan blah blah at chambana.net
Tue Jun 19 12:24:31 CDT 2007

> Given a series of recent support inquiries, I am
> proposing that on public releases we relax the
> restriction of being able to connect to the web
> GUI only using ssh port forwarding.  I would
> suggest altering the configuration for the web
> server to listen on the local wired ethernet
> interface, in addition to local host.  This would
> provide a level of security comparable to most
> consumer devices, and allow access in a manner
> more familiar to most people.  I know this raises
> some security concerns, but our public release
> builds are by nature insecure anyway (default
> passwords), so I don't think this would be much of
> an issue.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> --Matt

this opens them up a whole lot more.  both on our testbed and on homers we
have ap's connected over the wire that would now allow clients to tool
around with the node.

i don't agree with this.  put together the documentation on how easy it is
to change the thttpd.conf to listen to the wire address if people are
asking.

--
Daniel

--