[CUWiN-Dev] Atheros rx sensitivity bug

Jeongkeun Lee jklee78 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 18:37:34 CST 2008

Thank you very much, David.

2008/2/5, David Young <dyoung at pobox.com>:
> I am just curious, but does this bug also affect 802.11b and 802.11g?
> I think that would probably explain a lot!

As far as I know and based on my experience, this bug does not affect
11b. But it may affect 11g because it is known to be related to OFDM
phy operation.

> I am using newer NetBSD code that actually does define this constant.
>
> I think that you cannot use that constant because it is not supported
> by the much older version of the Atheros HAL that you use.  In fact,
> I think that if you change the code above to the following, then you
> may see the kernel print 'HAL_CAP_INTMIT not supported?'.
>
> if (ic->ic_opmode != IEEE80211_M_STA)
> {
>         /* Turn off ANI (ambient noise immunity) in other modes than station
>          * because it causes receive sensitivity problems in OFDM modulations.
>          */
>         if (ath_hal_getcapability(ah, HAL_CAP_INTMIT,0, NULL) == HAL_OK)
>                 ath_hal_setcapability(ah, HAL_CAP_INTMIT, 1, 0, NULL);
>         else
>                 printf("HAL_CAP_INTMIT not supported?\n");
> }

Thank you! I should have thought of checking the return value of
ath_hal_getcapability function. I will check it.

> I am going to try to produce a new snapshot of sources, soon.

Do you mean a new snapshot of 0.6.0 netbsd sources that support recent
Atheros HAL? Or, presumably, I should migrate to cuwin 0.7.0 codebase
if the bug fix above works well with the Atheros HAL&driver in cuwin
netbsd 0.7.0.

Thank you.
-- Jeongkeun