[Gghc-discuss] Radios!

Erich Heine sophacles at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 23:52:30 CDT 2011

Hi all,

I just got home from my day, and there on my stoop were packages containing
the XBee radios and the XBee shields. I expect the usb XBee Explorers from
SparkFun to arrive in tomorrows mail.

I will be at the Makerspace tomorrow starting at 7 to play with these, and
send some them home with those who wish to do some experimenting outside the
space.

I also would like to share some progress Jonathan and I made with the rest
of you. Yesterday, we (Jonathan and I) hung out for a bit at the fab lab and
worked out a pretty decent drive train. There is a dual motor package,
containing the correct gearbox available for $12. Further we specced out a
good bit of the stuff needed to make a motor controller. There is still some
circuit design and board layout for that bit -- which I plan on doing at the
space tomorrow.

Thursday i may be a bit late to the space because I would like to spend some
time at the fab lab again to make the relevant circuit boards and to maybe
try and make the parts for a simple robot. (Finishing that up on saturday if
needed).

Everyone is  of course invited to participate in all this, just drop a line
and we'll coordinate.

Anyone else do cool stuff over the last couple days?

Regards,
Erich