[Gghc-discuss] Software task - get two arduinos talking with I2C, and design a protocol

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 15:50:22 CDT 2011

In Jonathan's last mail he suggested switching platforms... he'll have
to show me since I didn't follow everything.

So if we're using different packages in the final product that aren't
full-fledged Arduinos, can we use the Unos in the Makerspace to develop
this communication lib? Or do we need different hardware?

On 4/17/11 2:27 PM, Colten Jackson wrote:
> So I'm sitting at radio marias on my laptop programming and my waiter
> says "hey, doing some coding? I've been getting into arduinos myself"
> and I say "you know, there's a club..." so we've got another guy very
> excited about helping out. Just wanted to throw a quick story up on here.
> On Apr 17, 2011 1:56 PM, "Jonathan Manton" <jmanton at illinois.edu
> <mailto:jmanton at illinois.edu>> wrote:
>>
>> We need to have 2 arduinos talking using I2C (using digital pins
> *other* than 0 and 1, so it should use the SoftwareSerial library).
>  Also, we need an I2C protocol that is compatible with the LED
> controllers, and can turn on and off the LEDs, turn on and off the
> analog and digital switches, and display stuff on the LCD.

Brian Duggan
Technical Projects Developer
UC Independent Media Center
http://www.ucimc.org | 631 223 8442