[GRC] [RFU] UPDATE: GRC Bid

Diaz, Ricardo diazr at illinois.edu
Fri Mar 18 08:55:59 CDT 2011

RFU people:

This is a hard decision in that we need a united and multivoice group just to bring the conference. It's a good test as to our commitment since if we don't show up, it's only right that the SL should win it. They have a larger metropolitan area and a bigger airport so I would think that others would rather travel there unless we provide a good alternative.

You have represented well why it's a good year to host although I know it will be lots of hard work. Perhaps if we had a formal conversation with WEFT we could be the voice of two and thus make a better argument for the bid.

I don't know if we can get it together next year but if we have a committed half a dozen people, I believe we could do a good job.

Rds

Ricardo Diaz

Ask me about the Summer Research Opportunities Program<http://www.grad.illinois.edu/srop> and the Summer Pre-Doctoral Institute<http://www.grad.illinois.edu/spi>
We offer opportunities for faculty mentors, sophmores and juniors.
Educational Equity Programs<http://www.grad.illinois.edu/diversity-programs-opportunities>
Graduate College
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign<http://www.grad.illinois.edu/spi>

801 S. Wright St. | 317 Coble Hall, MC-322| Champaign, IL  61820
diazr at illinois.edu<mailto:diazr at illinois.edu>    (217)  244-0217 office  (217)  979-0255 cell