[Imc-girls] Baby Announcment

Anne Odom anne at webeasel.net
Thu Apr 1 09:39:16 CST 2004

Just realized I never announced the new baby to the list - oops...

For those of you who don't yet know, Tyler Grey was born on February 20th at
3pm.  He was 8lb5oz and 20 inches long.  Labor was blessedly brief and
bearable, and we've all recovered quite nicely.  At Tyler's last check-up,
he had grown to 11.5lb and 22 inches - yay! my breast milk works!

Anyway, I'm just returning to social and work activities, so I'll be
expecting to see many of you soon.  In particular, I will be starting to
attend the weekly meetings by next Tuesday, 4/6.  It looks like quite a few
exciting things happened while I was recovering - we had a couple of bonding
events (jealous that I missed them), got a logo, got buttons, made money,
and are starting to plan a kick-off event.

>From what I see in emails, we are having a sudden variance in meeting
attendance; that will happen now and then.  It's important to remember and
foster our initial excitement in birthing this organization -- it's that
excitement that will keep us going.  Having been house-bound with infant for
6 weeks, I'm fresh with RAGG excitement - I look forward to next Tuesday's
meeting and hope I can infuse as many other people as possible with my fresh
energy...this will work better if everyone comes in a good mood and ready
for infusion... :)

Try this slogan on for fun:  RAGG - Play like a Girl (too much like
GirlZone?  I thought of "Play with the Girlz", but didn't like the sleazy
connotation it came with.  Anyway, food for thought)

See ya'll soon!

Anne