[Imc-girls] RAGG Minutes 2.10.04

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Tue Feb 10 20:11:57 CST 2004

Here are the minutes.  The next meeting will be a working meeting and
afternoon of hanging with each other in an informal space: SUNDAY MARCH 7
NOON to 4 - just stop by - 412 W. ILLINOIS ST (chez Danielle: 344-0183)

RAGG Minutes 2.10.04

Agenda:
-------------------------------
Intros
Childcare
Trans Issue
Next Steps -- committees, real tasks
Outreach/ Literature
Rotating dates, times, location of meetings
Grrls v. Womyn - leadership roles
Take Back the Night
Money
RAGG MAGG

The meeting started at 6:50 PM
14 people showed up

Childcare
-------------------------------
- Michelle will find a person from outside the group who wants to support
the group to do childcare.

Trannies/"Woman Identified"
-------------------------------
- DC: suggested: keep mission as it is, but make "women-identified"
explicit in mission statement
- SL: but women
- MG: Invite trannies so it is clear from the beginning
- SL: what matters more is that we ARE trans-inclusive
DECISION: Trannies/women-identified are welcome, please invite trannies,
mission stays the same, we will make literature that says "woman
identified."

Next Steps
-------------------------------
- Zoe - we need a fundraiser as soon as possible: benefit shows, pink
flamingo
- SL: show is coming up March 12 at the IDF - RAGG could be one of the
beneficiaries with the IDF
- Zoe: intergenerational story-time; womyn & girlz art time
- Beth: story circles - go round where everyone tells a 3 minute story -
next go around is commentary on the stories - the fun part is to hear
connections.
- Danielle:  I have a basement of art supplies and 100 bridesmaid dresses
and an ongoing project to paint and decorate the dresses - we could have a
show at the IMC.  Storytelling can happen at my house and I can supply a
pot of soup.
- Shawn: quilt making - incorporate story-time with it - use the dresses?
auction for money or give away to an elder.
- Zoe - fishbowl?
- Zoe kick off month with slogan and a series of events - it's RAGG month
- "it's that time of the month!"
- Beth - we could also get started with storytelling now
- Ariel - I'd like to cohese as a group a little before we jump into a big
month of events - also we could get more voices in the mix as we ramp up
- Sally - we could go to an event as RAGG to support other groups, we
could have small gatherings now to get to know each other and ramp up to
Spring month of RAGG events
- Ariel - we could go to open mic as RAGG with our stories
- Beth - I have a button maker
- Michelle - I work for a print shop
- Flannery - I will design the buttons
- Zoe - we could make T-shirts

WORK/PLAY DAY, SUNDAY MARCH 7 NOON - 4 JUST STOP BY - 412 W. ILLINOIS ST
(chez Danielle: 344-0183)
vegan soup provided - bring some snack to share
we will make buttons for RAGG, make logo/slogan, pick colors, planning a
kick off month, make art, fellowship
Ariel - will ask for Cope's button maker;  Zoe - will get OVP maker

Storytime - "I remember when ..."
NEXT WEDNESDAY 7 PM BETH will e-mail out the

Leadership Roles
-----------------------------
We want to make sure Girlz speak up, have leadership roles, etc.  We need
to stay aware of power dynamics.

Location
-----------------------------
Plan is to alternate locations

IMC - free - 6:30-8 on Tuesdays
Douglas Branch Library Reading Room - free - 6:30-8 on Wednesdays?

Take Back the Night
-------------------------------
Take Back the Night is a night of a rally and march for womyn and girlz to
take back the night
Planning Meeting Sunday, Feb 22 2 PM at Cafe Kopi
interested folks are invited

Sexual Assault Awareness Month
-------------------------------
April
should we do something for it

Minutes
-------------------------------
Let's keep a hard copy of all minutes - Ariel will do and put it under the
new poster:
Zoe - will get a RAGG poster put up at the IMC

Zine - the RAGG MAG
-------------------------------
Briana - let's get started
Who wants to work on it:
maggie, briana, zoe, zoe, sally

Website
-------------------------------
- let's build it as a workshop - michelle & danielle have skillz
shawn, sarah l are interested

Announcements
Bellydancing - Sundays 4 and Tuesdays 8 at the Champaign Ballet Academy on
Duncan - $6-7 a lesson
Salsa lessons on Sundays - ask Sally

Sally is looking for a desk for work - e-mail her if you have one and have
ideas of where she can find one: sally.carter1 at sbcglobal.net.

Meeting ended at 8 PM.