[Imc-girls] Other Ways to Help

Anne Odom anne at webeasel.net
Thu May 6 15:48:25 CDT 2004

All:

There are a few other things we need done that may be a good way for people
who can't come on Tuesdays to participate in launching RAGG.

As Zach mentioned in a message last week, I had these email addresses
created (and they currently all send mail to me):

ragg-info: General questions about RAGG
ragg-supporters:  People interested in supporting RAGG through money or
in-kind donations
ragg-partnership:  People interested in partnering with RAGG to offer
resources in the community
ragg-volunteer:  People interested in volunteering to help with RAGG events
or regular overhead tasks
ragg-resources:  People who have additional resources to suggest, or who are
looking for a particular resource in the community

What we need are at least 2 women to monitor each of these email addresses.
I certainly do not intend to monitor them myself.

What's involved in monitoring?

1. The email address will be set up to send email to you at whichever email
account you specify; make it an account you check at least three times a
week.

2. When emails about ragg are sent to you, try to answer the questions of
the person sending the email.

3. If you can't answer the questions, tell the sender that you will pass the
email on to the regular organizers meeting, and send it to the
imc-girls-core list with any additional information or suggestions you have.

4. Via the email list, the Tuesday night meeting, and group consensus, we'll
determine how to deal with the questions/concerns/proposals so you can
communicate back to the sender.

In short, you'll be the point person for anyone who contacts these email
addresses.  You don't have to know all the answers, you just have to be able
to respond promptly to the initial email, so people know we're on the ball.
In addition, you do not have to take on the role indefinitely.  We should
plan on rotating monitors in and out about once every 3 months.

Interested?  Send me your name and your email address, as well as which
email address you'd like to monitor, and I'll work with Zach to get
everything set up.

A.