[Imc-girlscore] Mission Statement and Meeting Announcement to be sent to the larger list please!

Michelle Alvarado chellemiguel at prodigy.net
Sat Jan 10 19:29:08 CST 2004

Ladies,
Ok here is the mission statement we worked out at Wednesdays meeting:

((GIRLZ ORG)) is a local grassroots partnership of girls and women, for
girls and women whose aim is to provide safe spaces, resources and
activities to foster creativity, self-expression, and empowerment.

******************

Below is a draft of an announcement for the larger girls list. I do not have
contact information to give out.I also can't send it to the larger girls
list as I can't send messages out on the email i am subscribed under (zoe
can you add this chellemiguel email to that list too please when you have
time... thanks:)
Facilitators for the meeting are the two Zoe (what is the plural of ZOE?)
and Shawn and Danielle.
Perhaps one of you all could be a contact to put on the press release and
email announcements. I will be in Mexico from the 15th to 22nd so I didn't
want to put myself.

*******************
Girlz and Women meeting at the IMC Space
January 27, 2004
Tuesday
6:30 to 8:00pm
IMC Space
218 W. Main St. in downtown Urbana, just two doors West of the Office Bar
and Grill

Announcing the first ever meeting of Girlz and Women at the IMC Space.
Join us (and bring a friend) as we break new ground (and maybe a few nails)
creating an all new grassroots org for girlz aged 6 to 106.  This is your
chance to be heard and make a difference in your life and the lives of
others. This new organization will work to provide safe spaces,  much needed
resources, and creative empowerment for all girlz.  At this meeting we will
vote on a new name (how cool is that?), discuss the mission of the
organization, and get busy on new projects all in one and a half hours!