[RAGG-Core] Restaurant Report

Anne Odom anne at webeasel.net
Fri May 14 13:47:09 CDT 2004

Okay - I just called two of my four restaurants:

The Office - "We don't offer coupons or discounts, we're more of a bar and
grill" ??? Make sense to you?  Whatever.

The Embassy - "We're probably interested, but call back on Tuesday at 10am
and talk to Jennifer or Jeff".  I won't be able to call back, as I'll be out
of town.  Is anyone else willing to call back?  The number is 384-9526.  My
Schtick is this "Hi, my name is Anne Odom, and I work for a new organization
in town called RAGG - the resource and action group for girls and women...
(pause for them to say "uh-huh")... On May 29th, about 2 weeks from now,
we're launching with a series of workshops and music events in downtown
Urbana... (pause for "uh-huh")...We'll be giving our participants breaks for
lunch and dinner, and we're trying to keep their business here in downtown -
if you'd like to offer a discount or buy-one-get-one free special (on
appetizers, entrees, soft drinks, beer) to anyone with a RAGG all-day pass,
we'd love to publish that in our program."

I will have to visit Siam Terrace and Tang Dynasty in person, as I don't
have phone numbers for them (they're real new), and I won't be able to do
that until I get back in town.

A.