[RAGG-Core] Core meetings Resume on 10/24

Anne Odom anne at webeasel.net
Wed Sep 29 10:40:45 CDT 2004

All:

We're long overdue for resuming core meetings.  We'd like to start up again
on Sunday evening, October 24th, at 7pm. Meetings last for about 1-1/2
hours. These are the topics we need to think about between now and our first
meeting:

1. Organizer attrition:  we're losing core organizers, both girls and women.
Is there tension in our organizing group?  Should we do some organizer
healing?  An afternoon retreat?  An overnight retreat?  Something else?
Please think about it and bring ideas to our first meeting.  Can't make the
meeting? Send your thoughts to the core list: ragg-core at ucimc.org

2. Fundraising - I have some ideas; maybe we need a committee just for this?
I know not everyone is interested in fundraising and financials.

3. RAGG MAG - It's past time for a new issue, and Zoe G. has this great idea
for Mag-in-a-nite.  An all nite event where a mag is created from start
(coming up with a theme and writing articles) to finish (paste-up, copies,
and distribution) in one nite.

4. Programming - what else do we want to try to do this year?  Monthly
workshops?  Any kind of timely campaigns?  The Pilates institue in Champaign
is woman-owned and has expressed interest in offering reduce-priced classes
to RAGG members, if we can guarantee a certain amount of students.  Should
we pursue?  What other partnerships can we consider?  The park districts?
Can we co-sponsor programs with them and see our name printed in park
district guides?

5. Publicity - How do we get press coverage?  This is a great way to
advertise, because it's free.  Can we write articles for the spin-off?
Maybe a regular column?  What would we write on?  We can get every radio
station in the area to play PSA's.  We just have to record them and send
them in.  What we put in a PSA?  Do we need a committee just for this?

We're always looking for more core organizers - please let us know if you
know anyone who'd like to get involved!

Thanks,
Anne