[Imc-litbl] Bicycling

Jay Morris jrmorris at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:01:52 CDT 2001

From: "Michael Walcher" <solaraycer at yahoo.com>

> 2. I would like to conduct a comprehensive study of
> bicycling and the inevitable increases in efficiency
> and spped due to surrent technology

here's a list of links you can check out:

http://www.alteich.com/tidbits/t061200.htm

> 3. There is also the aspect of Electrically assisted
> battery powered bikes that travel quite fast when one
> tires of pedaling. The best can be found at
> http://www.zapworld.com

i think i just saw a guy riding something very similar to this on
campus the other day.  so they exist in C-U.

i don't have time to work on this right now, but we should definitely
do a bike lane piece on electric vehicles some day.  i know there are
a few around this town and i've been trying to learn more about
electric vehicles lately, and considering building one.

> I am thinking LITBL would be the perfect place to
> develop this research and subsequent stories, then
> passing them on the Public I for print and then a
> website for local bicycling, and work on the increase
> in respect for cyclists etc.
>
> good ideas?
>
> Michael Walcher

These sound like great ideas to me! and perfect for LITBL.  The
trouble will be crunching this into 5 minutes, but you could do
multiple shows on technology, critical mass, availability of bike
lanes, etc.

have fun
jay