[Imc-litbl] Producing for Life in the Bike Lane

Jay Morris jrmorris at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 18 20:11:34 CST 2002

Life in the Bike Lane Producers,

We had our monthly Bike Lane meeting on Tuesday and decided that we
need to get some more 'evergreen' pieces together (pieces that aren't
time sensitive and can be run or even re-run in the future on weeks
where we don't have a timely piece ready).  This is not to say that we
only want evergreen pieces, but everyone would feel better if we had
some shows ready and lined up to go.

I also want to remind everyone that Pauline will be around the IMC
Monday nights from 7:00 on, and I'll be there Tuesday nights from 7:00
on (I can also be around other nights).  We can help people produce,
or teach people how to use the software, or I'm happy to just put it
together myself if you give me the audio and some ideas on what you
want from it.

I really liked the show that Pauline did before the holidays this year
on Buy-Nothing Day.  She had music in the background at certain points
between interviews and it ended up sounding very professional.  If
anyone wants to email me their topic ahead of time, I can try to help
find some relevant music or sounds.

So what we'd like to do right now is have people sign up to do a
particular week's show, BUT keep in mind that it would be much better
if we could get these shows done as soon as possible, in case someone
can't do their piece one week.

Here is the schedule for the next 3 months.  Please let me know which
show you'd like to do.  The best situation would be for everyone to
get some pieces together in the next few weeks, then we'd have a nice
reserve.

jan 23
jan 30 Pauline - oil and war
feb 6 Avram - Orpheum Children's Science Museum
feb 13
feb 20
feb 27 Sevhilla - ?
mar 6
mar 13
mar 20
mar 27
apr 3
apr 10
apr 17
apr 24

I really want to stress again that I am very happy to do production
work for this show.  If you have any good show ideas, and you can get
some audio together, please bring it in and we'll put it together.

Thanks,
Jay