[Imc-litbl] 1/15 Meeting notes

Pauline Bartolone paulinebartolone at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 19 15:16:44 CST 2002

In attendence: Jay Morris, Pauline B. (notetaker), Sehvilla, Mike Feltes,
Brian Hagy.

Agenda:

Organizational issues:

1)Is producing weekly timely news too much?
2)Evergreens
3)Limiting MD to two at WEFT at a time
4)Contacting airshifters at WEFT
5)Requests for the PC?
6)Pauline is leaving. Who will co-organize?
7)Syndication- Promo package contents?

1)Realistically, only 2 or 3 LITBL's are produced per month. We should set
up a system so that there are evergreens that can be rerun, that aren't time
sensitive. We'll propose to the programming committee that LITBL can be
played for up to two weeks in a row.   In the mean time, we'll schedule
people in for each week. We have a list of 16 people that have expressed and
interest in producing, or have produced in the past.

2)Individual people will be contacted to produce evergreens, or
non-timesensitive material, that can be played eternally. Please think of
your own stories, or take one of the topics from past emails. Before Pauline
leaves in March, she will be reorganizing all past shows, and compiling a
couple of evergreen MDs. PLease produce evergreens and submit to Pauline by
the middle of February so the evergreens can be organized properly.

3)The set up at WEFT is confusing for airshifters, because there are all of
these MD's and notes flying around. Starting in March, we will have only two
MDs at WEFt, one for evergreens, and one for a new LITBL segment. When you
put a new MD in the LITBL box at WEFT, put the old MD from last week in the
IMC box on the right side of Mick Wolf's office. Leave the evergreen
Minidisc in the WEFT studio at all times.

4)The communication we have with WEFT airshifters needs to be improved. In
the past, when producers haven't been able to get something to WEFt in time,
the Airshifters just don't air LITBL. If you cannot produce, please email
the Wednesday morning airshifter, Steve Scher at cfsjs at eiu.edu, or the
Monday airshifter at Johnfudog at excite.com, and tell them to play an
evergreen. This way we can make sure that LITBL gets aired.

5)When Pauline meets with the Programming Committee, she will ask if reruns
are acceptable, and let them know of the new set up with evergreens and more
time-sensitive material.

6)Pauline is going to Costa Rica in March. The new evergreen system will
work with minimal managing, if actualized properly. Cope voluteered to be a
co-organizer and WEFT correspondant, and Jay is always available on Tuesday
nights to help people produce shows for Wednesday mornings. Pauline will be
producing a lot of evergreens before she goes, doing general archiving and
organizing before she goes. Does anyone else want to step up and take an
organizational role?

7)We talked about getting LITBL nationally syndicated, and getting some
revenue for producing. Pauline thinks that she would be able to give LITBL
the time it deserves with the $ and incentive. She's willing to put together
a promo package of a few sample shows, and some literature. If someone is
interested in collaborating on this project, let her know.