[Imc-outreach] Outreach

Michael Walcher solaraycer at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 22:59:42 CST 2002

I would like to organize a outreach to all the small communities in the area , most important for me are the ones around Montgomery County down past Decatur and Pana , Nokomis and Witt. These are the towns I am from , Nokomis is 2700 while Witt around 1000 and had my own community center once actually for a brief moment , most especially in the "Party House" then lived in, but what was needed in this town was Community. With all the rampant drinking things became a bit scarey , followed by a doubling of the police force then the crystal meth, what a time to be growing up!

I want to reach out to the students in these towns and I reckon that if we do it for one town we may as well go BIG and launch some sorta campaign , whether it be just a few emails , what i plan to be doing is going around talking , entertaining, teaching, learning, in the way of circus,.lotsa fun.

Many from School for Designing a Society are entertaining this idea at the moment , as i suggest we reach out in a way recruiting the best activists.

P.S. the IMC needs a sign saying "ALWAYS HIRING" !