[Imc-outreach] the copier and the canopy:

Arun Bhalla bhalla at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 10 14:55:59 CDT 2004

Definitely.

Assuming Ian would want the Canopy to use this copier for 100% of their
needs, I could see that being at least 100 copies a week, often more,
so that'd be well over 5000 copies  I'm guessing they make way more
copies than that if it'd be worth it to him.  The IMC makes far fewer
copies nowadays.

It seems like copier access would be a biggie in addition to maintenance
and toner costs.  But hey, we're not the Legal group.  ;-)

Arun

meghan at ucimc.org writes:
> my 2 cents:
> I think we should tell the copier guy we'll get back to him late this
> week or early next week and talk about it at the meeting.
>
> I think it would be fine to make the agreement with Ian, but that we
> should probably do it formally, with a written agreement or something
> since they will probably want to make a LOT more copies than us (or at
> least about the same amount).
>
> group status: I think we can stand to wait another month to ask--in fact,
> I guess we'd have to! But I would like to see us recruit somebody who can
> be a spoke besides Ellen before we become an official WG.
>
>  is the meeting at 6 on wednesday?
>
> -meghan
>
>  On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, faith swords wrote:
>
> > this just in:
> >
> > sascha says that ian said that he would pay for all maintenance costs
> > (this and future) if he could be allowed to do his copying on it as well.
> >
> > given the current money sitch chez the IMC, it seems to me that it would
> > make more sense for folks to sink their efforts and paychecks into general
> > operating costs rather than things others have already volunteered to pay
> > for.
> >
> > if it makes a difference to the lukewarm feelings, ian is a member and has
> > been looking for ways to contribute for a while now, other than
> > membership.
> >
> > i'll call him tomorrow and see if the offer still stands and then we can
> > talk about it wednesday. ellen, maybe you should tell the copier dude that
> > we'll figure things out and get back in touch with him after?
> >
> > --faith

Arun Bhalla